2012 Boston Cannons Care Scholarship Fund
Through the generosity of the Boston Cannons Care Fund, MetroLacrosse is proud to award scholarship money to its participants to be used toward the pursuit of higher education.
- Any MetroLacrosse student athlete who has participated in at least four full seasons of programming and/or participated in MetroLacrosse’s Scholastic Placement Program to attend high school outside of Boston.
- Any current high school seniors or freshman in college who are enrolled in a higher education program are invited to apply.
- The student athlete must be able to show proof of current or future enrollment at a college or university.
- The student athlete must provide a written report on the use of funds by the conclusion of the academic year in which the funds are awarded.
Congratulations to the 2012 Cannons Care Scholarship Recipients, each recipient received a $500 book award!!!
- Karina Mendoza-Andujar: Karina has been a part of MetroLacrosse since 2002 as a player, teen intern, and now a volunteer coach. She will be attending Argosy University.
- Reggie Sealy: Reggie has been a participant since 2005, and he will be attending Williams College this fall.
- Nychol Stephens: Nychol has been an active member of the high school bulldogs program for the past 3 years. She will be attending Howard University this fall.
- MaryKate Lampron: MaryKate has played an active role on the High School Bulldogs team; she will be attending the University of New Hampshire this fall.
2013 application is closed. The award winner(s) will be announced at the midday RESPECT Awards ceremony on Saturday, June 15 at MetroCup.
Adri’s Legacy Foundation
Adri’s Legacy was founded in honor of Adrianna Shakyla Duffy, a MetroLacrosse alumnus. The foundation provides support to talented youth who are determined to obtain a better education adn are facing financial obstacles in their pursuit of learning. The scholarship is awarded to cover the acceptance/registration fee that is required by private high schools and any college. These fees are not typically covered by financial aid and so Adri’s Legacy Foundation makes it possible.
To learn more about Adri’s Legacy Foundation and how to apply, please visit the Adri’s Legacy Foundation Webpage.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.